Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Have you Open Your Eyes yet?

In the song "Both of Us" By B.o.B ft Taylor Swift both singers talk about society and it's expectations.This song also talks about poverty and how once B.o.B used to be poor to.The lyrics are very powerful because they are talking about important problems around the world unlike other songs.The purpose of the song was that it would open peoples eyes to see what's really going on.For example, to show people worry about what society thinks about them.

  One way I know the purpose of this song is to open people's eyes is because when B.o.B says "And sometimes I wonder, why we care so much about the way we look?And the way we talk and the way we act and the clothes we bought, how much that cost?Does it even really matter?".This lyric line shows how some people actually care about what society thinks about them.B.o.B is making a very general comment about the world we live in.To answer his question;no,nothing matters but to move through life we need a purpose.For a purpose we need to be motivated to do it.To motivate ourselves we need to do things such as accessorise and what not.Also another lyric line "Open up the fridge 'bout twenty times But still can't find no food in it That's foolishness,".What he is basically saying is that if you are poor of course you would hope there is food but even if it doesn't contain food you would open it more times hoping there would be.Also when he says "But sill can't find no food in it that foolishness" I think he refers to how foolish is is for someone to keep trying to look for something that doesn't exist.A third example is when he says "You just wanna live, but everything so low That you could drown in a puddle,". I think this line means that society has been so harsh and your in a place where everything is so miserable.This keeps your mood down which means your just sad.

  All in all, I completely agree with the message these singers are trying to give to people.Specifically teenagers because the people who listen to these singers are teenagers.Some teenagers are actually facing these problems and some are being made fun of.I don't think its right for others to say anything about someones life there just trying to make a living.Its important to know that it doesn't matter if your rich or poor were all the same.

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you blog post because teens get so involved on how they look and don't remember the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle!! your post was great, I agree with you on that teens worry way too much about their looks and cloths and etc etc. They don't pay attention to the most important things in life, like Genesis said. nice post :)

    ReplyDelete