Thursday, March 14, 2013

BEnvolio

In the book,Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare the character I find interesting is Benvolio.He is a Montague.He is Romeo's cousin.This because he has two sides of himself.For example,He's a peacemaker,clear-thinking, and reliable person but at the same time he does other things that make me question him.Benvolio always supports Romeo because he even helps Romeo see Juliet in secret.He is a true friend, He's such a good person but also a side that people don't see.
     One way I know Benvolio is a good person is because he is a good friend.For example, when romeo wants to be left alone he leaves him,when he want's to talk Benvolio is there with a sympathetic ear.Also when Romeo is in trouble for killing Tybalt he is the one who get's him off the street and hiding.He cares about his cousin and acts like a best friend to him.Another way I know he is a good person is because he doesn't like solving things with violence.He always try's to stop fights he's a peacemaker.For example, when Tybalt and Mercutio and Romeo were fighting he tried to stop but unfortunately he couldn't.He has a side people don't see they think he's such a good person but sometimes he's not.An example is, he stretches the truth when he tells the prince that tybalt started the fight, Implying that he killed Mercutio without provocation.Which is kinda true but he stretched it a little.All in all I found Benvolio the most interesting character of all.
      In conclusion,the title is BEnvolio for a reason.The reason is to BE Benvolio get it? he's such a good person.He cares for his friends he's a peacemaker what more can you ask for? Although I think Benvolio could of prevented Romeo and Juliet's death.At least it wasn't his fault it was the note that didn't get to him.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. I wrote about Mercutio, at first I didn't find Benvolio that interesting but maybe after reading yours Benvolio sounds more interesting, and yes I agree that he is a good friend to Romeo. And I like how he wants peace. that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete