Monday, September 10, 2012

"Sources of Light"

Sam,the main character,was just a typical girl that you would find in Mississippi.She wasn't fully aware of what
 was going on around her surroundings during her time.She never cared at first but then when her mom brought
 over a friend,everything changed.His name was perry he was a photographer just like me.Although,Sam at first didn't like him as time passed she liked him more and more.Who could blame her? he was real artist.He inspired her.Perry opened her eyes to what was going on.Perry was my favorite character because he inspired Sam to make a change,to help the african-americans with what their going through.The african-americans were going through a tuff time.For example, more and more people were getting killed for what they believed was right.Sam took pictures of and every time she did she would realize how much shes been missing.
     I personally think that was perry was doing was right how he was helping his own kind and how he was convincing others to do the same.I think the theme is to help others.Sam carry's her camera everywhere if i had a camera I would to, the great thing about her is that she takes these magnificent photos that show what goes on in the real world.For example, she took pictures of a man beating an African-American for sitting in the table next to him.Its gotten out of control I would say.Just for these little things its just not fair.I would do the same as Sam try to help the most as possible.I think the time period that this book took place was in the civil war.I think this because their was a lot of tension with the African-Americans and the southerns didn't want the African-Americans to be free.Sam was one of those people who inspired me because I know back then if you were white and you thought that African-Americans should be free you can get a lot of hatred from other people.Even though shes not real shes really brave to support the African- Americans and their rights.She took pictures of stuff that nobody was suppose to know but she didn't care she did to help others.Even though a lot of police officers don't care what happens to African-Americans she try her best to make sure they do she try to show the picture of a person beating up someone so that they can go to jail and i think they deserve that and much more.At the end,Perry dies Sam feels like someone punched her hear and I would to I mean she looked up to him he was like her guardian angel.She felt like how she felt when her dad died.Perry was like a dad to Sam and for perry to die it was just like her dad dieing again.Perry died for a good cause he was trying to help one of his kind but one of the "beaters" beat him up so much that he lost a lot of blood which is why he died.All in All, it doesn't matter what's in the outside its what matters in the inside.Just like the connection Perry and Sam had.

No comments:

Post a Comment